~HERE I AM~

This is my life.
It's like a roller coaster.
Always a different thrill each day.
For it's never be the same ride for all.
Sometimes it's up,
Sometimes it's down.
Twisting and turning,
Through thick and thin,
Ups and downs.
I scream, I shout,
I cry and I laugh.
No matter how hard this ride seems to be,
I just got to get through with it
And have faith in myself.
WELCOME TO MY WORLD!

Sunday, August 30, 2009

- Happy 52th Merdeka Day


Happy 52th Merdeka Day to all Malaysians in advance.

I read this article and good to share to all of you..

The meaning behind the date '31' of Merdeka Day.

The Merdeka is a Sanskrit word "Mahardika" which means unlimited freedom or independence. When Indonesia proclaimed self-Independence in 1945 from the Dutch, they used the word Mahardika but adapted the word to Indonesian "merdeka" which means freedom from slavery, colonisation and independent of others. Compared to other SEA except Phillipines, Indonesia was colonized longer than any other country for more than 300 hundred years. They fought hard for 5 years, forming river of bloods to achieve merdeka.

But Malaysia is a Land of Ong where we were granted merdeka with peace and harmony. It is truly a land of peace (Sanskrit, shanti) and harmony (Sanskrit :santosa/sajahtera) and in Latin pax/quies quietis.

Why the date 31st and not others?
Quoted from the Governor of Penang, YAB Tun Dato' Seri Haji Abdul Rahman bin Haji Abbas who said,

"3 races (Malay, Chinese and Indian) uniting with one heart to attain independence from the 1 colonizer, British. And that is why the date 31 was chosen.

And why August, my guess August means venerated, grand, magnificient, noble, awe, inspiring. So August month is a venerated and noble month for auspicious and magnificient event Merdeka. People in the West sometimes name their new born baby in August as Augustus etc. So any new born baby in Malaysia on the 31st can try the names of Merdeka(freedom)/Ogos/August. Sweet isnt it? We have names like Juli (July), May, March, Khamis, Jumaat and I know an Indian man with the name Malaysia and another one Melaka (Sanskrit name of a tree) where Merdeka was celebrated. Their parents must surely be very patriotic and hope we all have the same spirit forever.

To share with all peace loving Malaysians'
Here is the last mantra of Rigveda… A verse which is dedicated to the human world and is a prayer for harmony and peace among us.

samani va akutih samana hrdayani vah samanamastu vomano yatha vah susahasati

(Source: Concluding part of Rigveda, I qouted this mantra not for chanting but for readers to digest the meaning)
Meaning: Let there be oneness in your resolutions, hearts and minds. Let the strength to live with mutual co-operation be firm in you all.

This mantra comes back to the simplicity of the fact of being human: a union of hearts and a oneness of spirit, the overcoming of isolating individualisms by harmonious living together, because Man as person is always society and yet not plural.

1 comment:

~


MusicPlaylist